Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, and Sickness

This weekend we went to visit the ruins at Ollantaytambo and Chinchero. The fortress at Ollantaytambo was the location of a famous victory of the Incan rebels led by Manco Inca over Spanish conquistadores in 1536.


Chinchero has a very beautiful Spanish church that was built on top of an Incan temple. It is very intersting to see the huge blocks of foundation with adobe on top.


Between Chinchero and Urubamba, we stopped to take photos of the beautiful scenery. It is very strange to have so much snow on the mountains at this time of year, but it was so beautiful!

Sadly, on Sunday I woke up with a bad cold so I was not able to go to Pisac with the other volunteers. However, I will be here for 9 more weeks, so hopefully I will be able to visit it before I leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment